Balance Sheet Accounting
Our team of experienced NHS staff assist clients to confirm their balance sheet is accurate and complete, any discrepancies are identified and corrected on a timely basis and risks are identified and mitigated.
This service includes the following:
- Bank reconciliations produced on a daily basis, ensuring that bank reconciliations are balanced and any queries cleared in a timely manner.
- Balance sheet control account reconciliations produced on a monthly basis. Reconciliation and clearance of nominated balance sheet control accounts by identifying, investigating and resolving complex financial queries.
- Reconciliation and pay over of statutory and voluntary salary deductions (PAYE, NI, NHS Pension, LGPS Pension, NEST, Union Fees, court Orders etc.).
- Input of general ledger corrections and transactions to the computerised general ledger system in accordance with SLA timetables.
- Receiving, reviewing, interpreting and responding professionally to queries received from Finance and non Finance staff, utilising expertise and knowledge of financial accounting routines, procedures, policies and working practices.
- Provide the Annual NHS Pensions Assurance Statement for ELFS Payroll clients.
- Provision of complex financial information to internal and external auditors to assist with periodic and annual reviews required by client organisations.